We are proud to announce the immediate availability of Hawaii 0.6.0.
This is a release made in preparation for a more large update that is being developed in a separate branch for a while now.
Hawaii 0.6.0 is the culmination of several months of development and an important milestone, especially regarding the compositor.
A more detailed article will be posted after the first snapshot of Hawaii 0.7.0.
While there is no official release date planned, a new ISO image is expected to be dropped in March.
Cumulative change log:
- Video capture protocol and CLI application.
- Screenshooter protocol.
- Minimal shell with basic desktop window management, kind of Weston desktop shell.
- API to set key maps.
- Multiple screens support.
- Custom screen configuration from JSON files.
- Remove KScreen dependency, Green Island now depends only on Qt.
- Hot spots.
- Key bindings.
- Plugins infrastracture that allows to move optional features to plugins.
- Pointer barrier.
- Idle monitor.
- Support for the latest xdg-shell protocol.
- Support for wlfullscreen_shell as a client.
- Support for wlsubcompositor and wlsubsurface.
- Plasma protocols (which were originally developed and tested here).
- Launcher with automatic hardware detection.
- Shared QML engine for even better performance.
- ARM build fixes.
- Custom qtwayland copies are no longer required.
- Platform library with Qt-based wrappers to libinput, udev, logind and vt handling and a device integration API derived from eglfs that is capable of loading hardware specific plugins
- Detect current seat.
- List input devices based on current seat.
- Green Island specific QPA plugin based on the new platform library.
- Support for running on DRM/KMS, Vivante, Broadcom (Raspberry Pi), Mali and X11 when using the greenisland QPA plugin.
- Fix a couple of build issues with Qt 5.6
Several upstream fixes:
- Virtual desktop support for eglfs_kms - Will be available with Qt 5.5.1 and Qt 5.6.0
- eglfs_kms: Virtual desktop
- Fix crash on exit with applications using eglfs_kms - Will be available with Qt 5.5.1 and Qt 5.6.0
- eglfs: Destroy screens after windows
- QPA contributions - Will be available with Qt 5.6.0
- Add power state to QPlatformScreen
- Implemente DPMS mode with eglfs_kms
- Fix application id for Qt wayland clients - Available since Qt 5.4.2
- Remove .desktop suffix to appId
- Multiple outputs support - Available since Qt 5.5.0
- Add QWaylandOutput to support multiple outputs
- Move surfaces to outputs
- Send done and scale events only when clients support wl_output >= 2
- Remove old output extension - Will be available with Qt 5.6.0
- Wayland 1.6 support - Not yet merged upstream because Qt CI doesn't support Wayland 1.6, hopefully available with Qt 5.6.0
- Update wayland.xml to 1.6
- Raspberry Pi fixes - Available since Qt 5.4.2
- brcm-egl: Avoid conflicts with GLES3
- Fix build for brcm-egl integration
- brcm-egl: Disambiguate wl_registry
Sources and SHA1 hashes follow:
- greenisland-0.7.1.tar.xz (SHA1: 2142213e8941d529f7fce6fad6a44cd37af3045e)
- libhawaii-0.6.0.tar.xz (SHA1: 540e70590d58df671b5db59621bc71233ffe3726)
- hawaii-shell-0.6.0.tar.xz (SHA1: 766a8bedbf00c3a25dac8d5a88483f757295d17e)
- hawaii-workspace-0.5.0.tar.xz (SHA1: 590cdd54dbcf0beaa73e21b65d9209ed59fb37dd)
- hawaii-system-preferences-0.5.0.tar.xz (SHA1: 3d6a2e77953859efad03863888784c12a47b12ef)
- hawaii-widget-styles-0.5.1.tar.xz (SHA1: 72f7d5e4d8a51b730bc1fbc018de2b96a624a097)
- hawaii-icon-theme-0.5.92.tar.xz (SHA1: 8d1fd19a045ff427999457cc5c84e95b9c07e809)
Posted by Pier Luigi Fiorini on February 14, 2016